The Network Administrator duties will be to safeguard the facilities computer networks and systems, plan and implement security measures to protect the system from cyber-attacks, hacking attacks, intrusion, infiltration, and natural disasters. Responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of computer networks that we rely on. These networks include an intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN). Will work as a vital member of our professional IT team and report directly to the department supervisor and or CIO.
Core Responsibilities & Tasks include but not limited to:
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations. Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
• Knowledge of VMware and management tools.
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
• Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
• Understanding of the web-related terminologies and software such as web applications, web related protocols, service-oriented architectures, and web services.
Skill-Set & Experience:
• A network engineer degree, telecom engineer degree, or BS/BE degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related IT field experience equivalence.
• Experience in creating and maintaining network security systems.
• Experience in design, implementation and optimization of LAN, V-LAN and WAN networks
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with VPN technologies and methodologies
• Knowledge of network security standards and best practices
• Knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Experience in Active Directory and LDAP
• Ability to assess the needs of the business based on direction and/or shifting requirements.
• Able to work with individuals who are facing critical challenges under tight deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time