Network Systems Analyst - PACS Administrator
Full Time Network Systems Analyst - PACS Administrator
Under the direct supervision of the IT Director/Supervisor, the Network Systems Analyst - PACS Administrator will be responsible for assuring the successful implementation and maintenance of clinical information system modules such as; Meditech RAD and Carestream PACS in a timely, effective manner. The Network Systems Analyst - PACS Administrator acts as a liaison between the Radiology department and the IT Department and oversees the daily operations and maintenance of the PACS equipment. Responsibilities would include identification and definition of needs, project management for small to medium size projects and general IT support for the radiology dept. The Network Systems Analyst – PACS Administrator will operate with a minimum of direct supervision and work as a vital member of our professional IT team. They will report directly to the department supervisor and or CIO.
Other duties to include safeguarding the facilities computer network and systems, plan and implement security measures to protect the system from cyber-attacks, hacking attacks, intrusion, infiltration, and natural disasters. Responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of computer networks that we rely on. These networks include an intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN).
Core Responsibilities & Tasks include but not limited to:
• Maintaining and administering our Carestream PACS and Meditech RIS.
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations. Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
• Knowledge of VMware and management tools.
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
Skill-Set & Experience:
• BS/BE degree in computer science or related IT field experience equivalence. A degree in Radiology or previous PACS experience.
• Experience in creating and maintaining network security systems.
• Experience in design, implementation and optimization of LAN, V-LAN and WAN networks
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with VPN technologies and methodologies
• Knowledge of network security standards and best practices
• Knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Experience in HL7 and HL7 Mapping
• Ability to assess the needs of the business based on direction and/or shifting requirements.
• Able to work with individuals who are facing critical challenges under tight deadlines.