PARS (Patient Account Receivable Position) - FT
FT PARS Position in busy Business Office.
The purpose of the PARS Position –Primarily responsible for effective collection on patient accounts, accounts receivable follow up, and reimbursement analysis.
Essentials Skills and Experience
· Must have experience in a medical accounts receivable role such as:
o Accounts Receivable Representative
o Patient Collections
· Must have
· Demonstrated knowledge of CPT, HCPC, ICD-10 Modifiers, UB04 & 1500 forms
· Knowledge of Healthcare system
· Demonstrate professional when working with insurance companies in obtaining payment in full
· Ability and willingness to work with professional with all other associates within the Business Office
· Working knowledge of various reimbursement methodologies including reimbursement reductions, fee schedules
· Be able to prioritize and multi task
· Work to achieve the Accounts Receivable to be under ninety (90) days from the date of discharge
· Research and Resolve reason for denials
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Interpret and resolve accounts receivable problems with patients and insurance companies
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
· Additional duties as requested or assigned