Director of Imaging Services
The Director of Imaging Services is
responsible for planning, organizing, directing, evaluating, and controlling
the functions of all Radiology services including Diagnostic, Ultrasound, Mammography and
Nuclear Medicine as well as the Westok Cancer Center. This position
collaborates with the Radiology Medical Director and other Radiologists to
insure that desired standards of care are met.
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Current National certification in clinical radiology in one or more of the following areas ARRT, ARDMS
EQUIPMENT AND SKILLS:
- Requires knowledge of the principles/practices and application of management principles including planning, organizing, directing and controlling.
- Requires knowledge of coordinating departmental activities internally/externally and the ability to implement departmental objectives and performance goals.
- Knowledge of equipment, the budget process, planning and implementing new services and expediting the process.
- Requires organizational skills that enable the individual to react and perform under stress and emergency situations and to manage two to three activities at one time on an on-going basis.
- Management skills to effectively lead associates in a task oriented environment, time management skills to meet scheduled and non-scheduled operational deadlines, analytical skills to prepare and manage budget.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, state and federal regulations as it pertains to departmental activities. Knowledge of QA related to the department.